Autorun helps you detect registrx autorun settings.
AutoRun:<value name>,<filename data>[,advanced file parameters]
This example searches registry Run keys (global and for all users) for entries named AdRoarUpdate, pointing to a file ARUpdate.exe inside the Windows folder, that matches the specified advanced file parameters.
This parameter takes two to three parameters, with the third one highly recommended.
- The first parameter specifies the name of the registry value to look for; this parameter can be used with Algo-Prefixes. AP
- The second parameters takes a file path and name. It understands both Algo-Prefixes and path templates. AP PT
- The third parameter allows you to specify advanced file parameters to limit the scan to entries that point to files that have specific contents. Since file names can be misleading and ambiguous, it is highly recommend to specify them. Also, a special advanced parameter flagifnofile can be used here, in case you specified advanced file parameters, but the associated file does not exist.
- Any entries in Run, RunServices, RunOnce or RunServicesOnce (from \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ for both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and all users) that are identified by both value name and filename data.
- The files associated with the entries, if they were found.